Earthdawn: The dawning of a new age
combat reference sheet
Earthdawn Combat Reference SheetCOMBAT OPTIONS EFFECTS
- Aggressive Attack (1 per attack) +3 Steps to Attack and Damage Tests, -3 penalty to Physical and Spell Defense
- Aiming (1 per round) +2 (1 round) or +3 (r Rounds) bonus to next ranged Attack Test
- Attacking to Knockdown Use (Damage Test Result – Armor) as Knockdown Test
- Attacking to Stun Damage test inflicts Stun damage. Add Will Step to first Recovery Test
- Called Shot (1) -3 penalty to Attack Test; if successful, hit designated spot
- Defensive Stance +3 to Physical and Spell Defense, -3 penalty to all Action Tests (except Knockdown Tests)
- Giving Ground (1) +1 to Physical Defense per yard given (up to maximum of Melee Weapons or Unarmed Combat rank); -2 penalty to attack tests
- Going Inside a Shield If (Initiative result – opponent’s shield value) wins Initiative, ignore opponent’s shield bonuses; -2 penalty to Attack Tests
- Jumping Up (2) Successful Dexterity or Acrobatics Test (6) allows character to stand up and perform a standard action; no other movement allowed. Initiative penalties from armour apply.
- Setting Against a Charge Must have weapon at least the length of a spear and win Initiative. On a Good Success, may knock opponent off mount. Damage Step is normal Damage step plus the Strength of the Mount.
- Splitting Movement (1) Allows move/action/move combination; -2 physical and Spell Defense
- The number in parentheses after the combat option is the Strain cost for using the option.
- Blindsided -2 Physical and Spell Defense
- Cover Partial: +2 Physical and Spell Defense; Full: +4 Physical and Spell Defense; Complete: NA
- Darkness All sight-based steps reduced unless character has low-light vision, etc. Partial: -1, Full: -3, Complete: -5
- Distance Modifies Attack and Damage Steps. Short: NA, Medium: -2, Long: -3
- Harried (4+ close attackers) -2 penalty to action tests; -2 Physical and Spell Defense
- Impaired Movement Light: 25%, Medium: 50%, Hard: 75%
- Knocked Down -3 to action tests, -3 Physical and Spell Defense
- Stunned Simple actions only, Harried, -2 Physical and Spell Defense
- Surprised No action tests allowed, -3 Physical and Spell Defense
- Casting into Melee Modify target’s Spell Defense by number of characters or creatures standing between attacker and target. If misses target, no effect.
- Firing into Melee Modify target’s Physical Defense by number of characters or creatures standing between attacker and target. If misses target, may hit intervening characters or creatures.
- Grappling an Opponent Requires Good Success on Unarmed Combat Test, both opponents fall prone. To break hold requires Unarmed Combat Test against result of initial Grappling attack.
- Throw Object to a Spot Use Throwing Weapons Test (7).